This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
5 Contact Hours
Learn essential day-to-day skills needed to successfully transition into an organizational leadership role.
- Managing Your Inbox & Email Etiquette: Organizing, customizing and searching mail, creating rules, options and preferences, creating a signature, and calendars
- Excel Basics: How to create a budget, how to format, sort and filter, use basic formulas and data tables
- Presentation Visuals: Audience, presentation format, message, layout and design
5 Contact Hours
- Presentation Basics: Power openings and keeping the audience engaged with flair, connecting with the audience, body language and different learning channels
- Meeting Facilitation: Format, attendees, roles, agenda, ground rules, minutes and action items
- Team Communication: Coaching and conflict management
- Performance Management: How to track your employees' performance and keep them informed via 1:1 meetings
- Creating and Maintaining a Professional Image: How you present yourself to your employees, peers, superiors and the community and how it effects your position as a leader and your reputation
- Social Media Etiquette: Facebook and LinkedIn
- Mentorship: Benefits of mentorship and connecting with your network
- Continuing Professional Development: Reviews not only the importance of keeping current in your field but understanding current healthcare policies